Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bear in Pillow

I always save the remnants of the batting when I am making a quilt. After cutting them up, I use them to stuff bears and pillows. I got inspired to make these cute bears from Tanya.
I have collected lots of bright colorful fabrics and decided to mix and match the prints and colors. I know how little children love colorful things and these are made for them.
I just love how the bear fits snugly in the pocket ......
The back is diagonally pieced of contrasting fabric too.

I just love making these Bears in Pillows. Theres no rules. I make them any color, with any fabric and any size pillows. I always enjoy giving handmade gifts to friends and they make really good standby gifts for friends kids.

1 comment:

McMGrad89 said...

Cute idea for using those leftovers. I always throw them away because I am not a consistent crafter and it would just end up in a corner.

Yes, we are moving. We will be gone by June 2011. I am not going to be able to get to the quilt festival. It's 4 hours away and it's just me and the kids for now.

Maybe sometime I will make a special trip when we are settled.